Shea Butter Skin Care has compiled a few different Shea Butter Recipes that you can follow to make different shea butter products in your own home. Enjoy these shea butter recipes, and let us know how they turn out by commenting.
- 1 cup unrefined shea butter
- ¼ teaspoon essential oil – (optional)
- 3 teaspoons jojoba oil
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E oil
You will also need a double boiler, whisk, mixing bowl, and freezer space for your mixing bowl.
- Take your double boiler and add water to the bottom pot and put the shea butter in the top pot. Put over medium heat to slowly melt the shea butter. The goal here is to get the shea butter into a liquid state without burning or scorching it.
- When the shea butter is melted into a liquid, pour it into your mixing bowl. Add your jojoba oil and your vitamin E oil to the liquid shea butter.
- Stick the mixing bowl into your freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the shea butter from the freezer and add your essential oil. Now, to make the shea butter into whipped shea butter, whisk it for 10 minutes or until peaks start to form. When done, the peaks resemble those seen when making lemon meringue pie.
- You now have followed our Whipped Shea Butter Recipe and made yourself some Whipped Shea Butter!
Whipped Shea Butter is really made during the whisking (or whipping) process. By whisking the shea butter you are adding tiny air bubbles into the shea butter which gives it a more fluffy feel.
Warning: It is important to note that if whipped shea butter is allowed to melt due to exposure to heat or sunlight the tiny air bubbles will be released and, once it is allowed to solidify again, will be more of a creamed shea butter, not whipped.